Cats are special animals, they love to roam the outdoors all year. But during tick season from early spring to late autumn those nasty little bloodsuckers can easily bury themselves into your cat’s fur and bite your pet to suck blood. use tick repellent for cats to prevent tick bite on your cat and regularly inspect your cat’s fur. As the tick needs some time until it finds a proper bite site, you may find the arachnid before it bites your pet. If it’s too late, you should remove the ticks in cats…
Cats are sensitive towards certain tick repellents as their metabolism differs from other mammals.
Only to use such tick repellent for cats that are specially made for and safe to be used on cats. Do not use essential oils on cats!
Natural way to repel ticks on cats
Garlic against ticks: Some feed garlic to their cat, however, the cat may not readily eat garlic. Mix a crushed toe in a little cottage cheese or yogurt, the chances of success are already larger.
Alternatively, one can also slightly squeezed garlic juice into the neck of the cat. There are also commercially available tablets or pastes with garlic extracts.
Coconut oil: A safe and natural tick repellent for cats. Significantly less odorous than garlic is coconut oil. It contains lauric acid, which keeps ticks from your cat. Rub a small amount of coconut oil in the cat’s neck, head, ears and back. Repeat depending on the frequency of tick infestation the procedure every 3-4 days. Coconut oil is not harmful to cats. Your pet can thus easily lick the oil.
Amber Necklaces: Many rely on the protection against ticks on the effect of amber beads, which are placed the cat’s neck. Amber is said to keep ticks at bay disturbing their sense of smell. However, the deterrent effect of amber necklaces against ticks could not be detected in tests.
Safe Tick Repellent For Cats
To protect your cat against ticks, there are special so-called spot-on preparations for cats available.
Some work primarily with substances which are distributed over the fur and on the skin of the cat and work as an effective tick repellent. Whatever tick repellent control you use, cats should still be checked regularly for ticks.
- Keep on checking for the presence ticks on the body of the cats. Once you find ticks on the cats, it is best to remove them immediately.
- If the cat permits, regular bathing habit should be implemented using special cat shampoos to kill any ticks on your pet.
- Consider using natural tick repellents on your cat in a regular manner.
- The best way to safeguard the cats from ticks is, to use the tick collars and tick powders or other spot-on preparations. Use natural remedies as a continuous prophylactic and use highly effective chemicals to clear an acute infestation.
- You may use tick sprays, in the case of the non-working capability of the shampoos, carefully spray onto the cat’s fur. Care should be taken near the cat’s face.
- An efficient way to protect the cats from ticks is, to keep your house and yard (reduce ticks in your yard ) tick free by removing tick hiding places where possible as well as planting tick repellent plants.